Thank you for considering a donation to The Junior League of Reading!
As we celebrate our 97th year, we appreciate your financial support of our Youth Empowerment Initiative.
Why Youth Empowerment? The trained volunteers of The Junior League of Reading, PA, Inc. are focused on empowering youth by creating, improving, and expanding the resources and opportunities available for their growth, development, and overall welfare, so they can become stewards of leadership in their communities.
How will we put your support to use? Here are just some of the ways we did this in the 2019-2020 Junior League year:
- We served Thanksgiving dinner to 135 parents and children at Olivet Boys and Girls Club
- We positively impacted 54 middle school girls from the Reading and Muhlenberg School districts at our Young Women’s Summits (a 4-day summit designed to empower youth to become community leaders)
- We awarded our annual $5,000 college scholarship to a Young Women’s Summit graduate
- We provided financial and volunteer support for VOiCEup and their Youth Volunteer Corps programs, resulting in over 1200 hours of youth service to complete 44 volunteer projects that benefited 21 different non-profit organizations.
- We provided financial and volunteer support to Girls on the Run Berks County, which funded 50 full scholarships to their program, assisting one in five of their participants who require financial help
In 2020-2021, we plan to continue to expand our partnership with Olivet Boys and Girls Club, Girls on the Run, and VOicEup to positively impact more youth.
What do we need from you? We need your financial help so that we may continue to expand our Youth Empowerment focus and broaden our community impact by adding new programs and new partnerships.
Together, we can ensure a strong, healthy future for our children and our community.
Thank you for your time and consideration!