Thank you for considering a donation to The Junior League of Reading!
As we celebrate our 95th year, we appreciate your financial support of our Youth Empowerment Initiative.
Why Youth Empowerment? The trained volunteers of The Junior League of Reading, PA, Inc. are focused on empowering youth by creating, improving, and expanding the resources and opportunities available for their growth, development, and overall welfare, so they can become stewards of leadership in their communities.
How will we put your support to use? Here are just some of the ways we did this in 2017 and 2018:
- We positively impacted 80 middle school girls from the Reading and Muhlenberg School districts at our Young Women’s Summits (a 4-day summit designed to empower youth to become community leaders)
- We partnered with Senator Judy Schwank to have her host 35 middle school girls for a tour and lunch at the State Capitol
- We facilitated monthly life skills luncheons at 2 of the Reading School District middle schools, as well as Muhlenberg Middle School, and mentored over 150 6th and 7th grade girls
- We provided financial and volunteer support for Girls on the Run of Berks County, which funded 50 full scholarships to their program, assisting one in five of their participants who require financial help
- Our community impact films (Screenagers and The Empowerment Project) educated over 500 men, women and children in Berks County
- Our 13th and 14th annual Touch a Truck events provided family fun and education to over 2,000 men, women and children in Berks County
- We awarded 2 of our annual $5,000 college scholarships to a Young Women’s Summit graduate
- We provided financial and volunteer support for VOiCEup and their Youth Volunteer Corps programs, resulting in over 1200 hours of youth service to complete 44 volunteer projects that benefited 21 different non-profit organizations.
What do we need from you? We need your financial help so that we may continue to expand our Youth Empowerment focus and broaden our community impact by adding new programs and new partnerships.
Together, we can ensure a strong, healthy future for our children and our community.
Thank you for your time and consideration!