With a focus on the emotional health of youth, The Junior League of Reading’s Youth Empowered program seeks to improve the self-esteem of our youth and empower them to become leaders in our community.
Our Strategies Include:
- Increasing access to leadership programs and opportunities
- Providing educational forums on issues affecting the development of positive self-esteem
- Increasing opportunities for empowerment through youth volunteer service
JLR Youth Development Model –
Click on the image to enlarge the infographic.
To Achieve these Strategic Goals, We Have implemented the Following Tactics and Programs:
- The Annual Young Women’s Summit
- Volunteer, Financial and Resource Support for Service Learning Clubs throughout Berks County
- Support of Girls on the Run Berks County – Click here to read about our support of Girls on the Run!
- Community trainings for agencies working with the youth in our community
- Educational forums/film screenings of issues affecting self-esteem and emotional well-being